Sunday, June 28, 2009

"For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what really are. Nothing in all creation can hide from him. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes...
"Let us cling to him and never stop trusting him." -Hebrews 4

Even though I am exposed before him, and he sees my inadequacy and my filth, he still chooses to love me and to do infinitely more than I dare ask or hope. I won't ever be able to repay him, nor will I ever be able to deserve his grace, but I can learn to trust that he does more than I can fathom. He can mend hearts that I think are beyond repair. He can love people that don't love him. He can care for those who won't allow me to care them. I need to remember that he loves infinitely more than I can love.

No comments:

Post a Comment