Sometimes I feel like I'm floating. Or at least that's what I call it.
It's this period of life where I feel like so many things are about to change, but I feel very detached from those events. Next semester I start my internship at a domestic violence shelter. This summer I move into a house with three other girls. In a couple months my sister moves to New York City. And in January I start a semester in London. All of these things are so big to me, and yet they feel so distant. Somehow my brain has convinced itself that where I am now is where it's staying. And that kind of scares me.
I'm a major planner when it comes to my life. Before my freshman year of college, I had my entire college career plan outlined (that sounds a bit psycho when I write it down). God wrecked this last year and began the process of breaking my control. So now I look at the future, even the tentative plans I have, and I have no idea what to expect. It's the unknown... boy is that frightening. So my mind reacts by pretending that this future of mine doesn't exist. It's strange.
Lord, give me peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment