Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ups and Downs

I've come to the point where I know when I'm about to crash. I could be fine the day before, but feel completely paralyzed the next day.

Today is one of those days.

I wonder if I've taken on too much. I get anxious over having no control over almost every area of my life. I wonder if my body will refuse to move out of exhaustion, if my mind will refuse to think because I've overdone it.

But I do have the ability to turn all of this into good. I can still praise God. I have so much to praise him for. I NEED to remember that. I have life, good health, opportunity, people who love me, and a God who does have control over all of this.

I feel at my end. But God knows no end, and He is my God.

2 comments:

  1. Been there. Really, I have. Isn't it a comfort knowing it's not about us?

    As a person who likes to control, when my world falls apart, my first instinct is: Oh no! I lost control!

    Then I remember: I never had it to begin with. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. It's so wonderful and yet so difficult to accept that we never have control to begin with.

    ReplyDelete