Saturday, March 13, 2010

the bow tie

I already have an addiction to vintage clothing. I know that. But what I have learned over time that it isn't just the women's clothing that I am head over heels for. 


I love men's vintage.




It all began with the bow tie. I have long had a crush on the look of a bow tie on, and off, of a man.


Then my crush became more of a full blown love when I discovered the skinny tie. And gradually it encompassed sweaters, trousers, and everything under the sun.


I'm in love with all vintage clothing. And this is a real problem. Other than for the basic reasons of being overly materialistic, and a bit idolatrous (hey, at least I admit it), I have no reason to buy bow ties, skinny ties, or awesome flannel shirts. And I can't really afford it. And it's not like I'm going to wear them (my Avril days ended in middle school).


But, nonetheless, I still go through shop after hole-in-the-wall shop, and dig through the men's section, just to drool over some flower printed bow tie that I will not buy, and no one will wear. Instead, I come back home with purchases of my own (horrible, I know), and vent to you all about my ridiculous obsession.


This probably won't cure my silly little fetish. Maybe next time I'll buy it. Someone try and stop me.

3 comments:

  1. lol. truely wonderful boy cardigans are hard to come by, so if you see one get it. I'm not the one to try and stop you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you see any awesome bow ties (stripes/plaids/polka dots... anything that isn't floral, really. paisley is ok, though), and they're cheap (the equivalent of a few dollars... a few pounds, i guess), buy them and I'll buy them from you when you get back to america. seriously; i love bowties, but haven't gotten any yet : /

    ReplyDelete
  3. and if you find any skinny ties, I, I will gladly buy them from thee just as well as you bought them.

    ReplyDelete