I was reading this post, which is an interview of a lovely little artist/blogger Elsie Flannigan. In her interview, she said something that kind of hit me:
"I believe in protecting the things i love (including my relationships and my love for making things), so being healthy about goal making and time management is important. no one is perfect."
Wow. So I love to dream, but I've noticed lately that I'm actually very unhealthy when it comes to goal making and time management.
My goal making consists of all of the things I want to do. Huge dreams. But they generally are not specific, not accompanied by time limits or timelines, and not always very realistic. So basically, they're dreams, not goals. Either that or the other version of goals is my long list of things to do (which are also not accompanied by deadlines).
And then there's time management (notice I don't say MY time management). That's because my version of time management is trying to do as much as I can in one day, or becoming extremely lazy and getting nothing done. And this is not very productive.
I'm starting my journey into adult-world, which means I probably need to work on these things. Actually, I have a better reason than that. I get really stressed really easily. And that is unhealthy.
God intended me to have discipline and freedom in my life. That seems contradictory, but it's not. Discipline in the things I attempt to accomplish and in the resources given to me, and freedom from the stress these things can cause me and control they can have over me.
And like Elsie said, it helps protect the things I love. And I would go a step further to say that it also protects me. Don't you think? Oh goodness. I want to work toward this, so I can guard the wonderful things I love, and protect myself from laziness and being run down by stress. In fact, I'm going to start now.
Tonight I will right down my goals. Tomorrow I will take a look at my schedule, and begin to manage it. Someone ask me how it's going next week?
No comments:
Post a Comment