So my dad quit his job today. And I'm kind of freaking out a bit.
He's switched jobs before, but I guess I was never old enough to understand the impact (or maybe I just didn't understand that he actually switched jobs).
But this is different. My dad is 56. That's kind of old to be switching jobs. And he doesn't really have another one lined up yet. He has some offers, but it just seems so out of the blue.
I've talked to him about it before, and he seemed so against changing jobs, even though he was unhappy. So this took me completely by surprise.
And the thing is, it's not so much the job that I'm worried about. It's him. He just got diagnosed with carpel tunnel syndrome in both wrists, and he has a herniated disc with bone spurs in his neck. And he's unhappy.
And I'm so far away, you see. I can't make anything better. I can't love on him, or talk to him about it. He's never been a good phone talker. I just hate this.
I love him so much.
I want him to be happy. I don't want him to be in so much pain. I want him to love Jesus. I want him to be okay. And I can't make that happen.
So I'm freaking out a bit. This is a hard one to trust God on. Really hard. It just makes me sad.
Hey Lindsey, I love you and I'm sorry. I'm praying for you and for your dad.
ReplyDelete