"As a country, we now know that our financial system failed in its most basic responsibility to be stable and resilient enough to provide credit while protecting consumers and investors."
Did our financial system ever promise to protect us or have our best interest in mind? And even if it did, who would believe that it could fulfill that promise? Apparently a lot of people have, and a lot of politicians think it is possible to perfect this system so that it will protect us.
I'm not meaning to bash the efforts of all of the people trying to create a system that doesn't allow for the hard times like the present, but I just don't think that we can ever eliminate the possibility of corruption or abuse of the system. All of the "improvements" that the government is trying to make in the various systems (financial regulations, public healthcare, etc.) is making me a bit nervous. I don't really trust that these improvements will really be that successful.
The only problem is that I don't know where to go from here. Even though I believe these efforts will probably be futile, I don't want there to be no response. So I remain with a feeling of neutrality and indecision. Any thoughts?
I'm so glad you wrote this. If this was facebook, I would like this.
ReplyDeleteI have tons of thoughts that close to nobody really cares about, so I'll keep my comments short.
The above quote is correct, our financial stystem failed and failed miserably. But not because the market is incapable of functioning properly. But rather that it could not function properly after being manipulated and tampered with by an out of control government.
The market, like gravity, is a natural process. When you deal with a natural phenomen by unnatural means, it distorts the outcome.
Unfortunately those who promised change are only doing more of the same. Just on a greater scale.
All in all, the failure of the financial sector can be traced to the Federal Reserve and a fiat monetary policy.
Thomas Jefferson once said, "paper is only the ghost of money." Real change requires a dollar backed by gold or intrinsic value; issued by Congress and the elimination of the Fed.
I could go on and on. Wanna go for a bike ride?
hahahaha@ chet. lawlz. luv. lol u mad? g2g lmao rtfl btw jk n/m
ReplyDeletepost moreeeeeeeemomomormomomoomormrmormormormon.
ReplyDelete