I haven't done an update on life in London in awhile, so I thought now would be a good time.
The last time I updated I had just been to Paris. Well, since my little adventure in Paris, I haven't traveled too much outside of London. I'm attempting to enjoy the city I'm living in (and I had to start a budget...yuck).
However, I did take a little day trip to Stonehenge with my program. It is a pretty neat landmark to see, but I have to admit Stonehenge was a bit of a let down. You aren't even able to get very close to it. But I went and I took pictures, so here's a little taste.
After Stonehenge, we stopped by Salisbury on the way back. It's a nice little town, and the church there holds one the surviving copies of the Magna Carta. The Magna Carta was awesome to see, but I was taken by the stained glass windows in the church. Mmmm...so good.
The rest of my days have been filled with my internship, hanging out with friends from Hillsong, and attempting to rest a bit after hustle and bustle of the first month. Last week, my friend Carlos from high school was visiting London, so I got the chance to share the city with him.
Also, my church rented out a bar in the East End for Valentine's Day, and my new friend, Yee Ting, and I bought some dressy vintage jumpsuits to wear to the event. It was fun to dance and hang out with friends.
Overall, the past couple of weeks have been wonderful. God is teaching me so much about myself, my strengths and my weaknesses. He's been drawing dreams out of me, and teaching me to trust in the plan that I haven't discovered quite yet.
Part of me dreads April, when I'm going to have to say goodbye to the people and the city that I've come to love. That part of me feels like I fit so well here, and wonders why I have to leave so soon.
But the other part of me is excited to return, and find the next part of my journey. To see the next steps begin to unfold.
I think I'm going to apply to Oxford, and also start looking for jobs around the states (especially North Carolina). Who knows what will happen? I sure don't. But I think I'm feeling more at peace about it.
I've had my fair share of lonely days here, but they have been overwhelmed by the joy and knowledge that I've gained.
Today is a good day. And there will be many to come (no matter where those happen to take place).
Well, I'm off to eat pizza and doughnuts, and watch a rugby game. Look at me adapting to the culture (kind of). Ha ha.


good to hear from you.
ReplyDeletekeep enjoying yourself.
a) that church is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteb) i love that you had to go watch a rugby game.
c) i miss you.
i emailed you! love you and hope you're well!
I reread this, and now I want doughnuts. Also your coat is so epic.
ReplyDelete