Monday, February 1, 2010

so good


I read this tonight. I hope you find freedom in this as much as I am right now.
For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we are. Nothing in all creation can hide from him. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done.
But it continues...

That is why we have a great High Priest who has gone to heaven, Jesus the Son of God. Let us cling to him and never stop trusting him. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same temptations we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.  -Hebrews 4:12-16
So scary to be seen so bare and broke. And yet so relieving to have someone so wonderful to cling to that invites us to "come boldly" to his throne.

On another note, for those of you who are wondering if I finished my Columbia application... I didn't.

Something is telling me I'm not supposed to be planning and making any decisions yet. A wise friend just wrote about how we too often claim to hear the voice of God, and I agree. So maybe this is God leaning me away from Columbia (or maybe it's just my attempt at fighting off stress before it gets the best of me). Either way, I know God is good and he will work things out in my life to glorify him, and even take care of me. I just need to take in what he has for me now.


P.S. I know I've been posting a lot lately, but I'm really enjoying it. I just wish I could give you more visuals. I don't know how people find such great photos to post. So instead I'll just show you a picture of some girls I met at Hillsong.

2 comments:

  1. your dark hair is yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm yes trusting in Him is so hard yet so freeing when we truly do.

    ReplyDelete