Thursday, January 7, 2010

day one

I flew to London overnight, and got here 7am London-time, 2am Orlando-time.

Unfortunately, I was unable to fall asleep on the plane, so I am extremely sleepy. But I will NOT give in. I refuse to take a nap. I must get over this jet lag quickly.

Anyways, when I was flying into Heathrow the moon was still out and the lighter sky was just beginning to creep up on the horizon. It was beautiful. There is something fantastic about flying over the world while most of it is asleep. It's like you're getting a sneak peak at the world before it awakes to chaos. I love it.

However, even more breathtaking was flying over the atlantic in the middle of the night. It was difficult to distinguish between the ocean and the sky, by the stars shone brightly, the moon glowed magically, and the reflections of these lights seemed to haunt the real sky with their vague existence in the water. I wish I could've taken a picture and showed it to you. Instead, you'll have to take my word for it, and I will have to keep a mental photograph of the scene.

However, to please the many of you who want me to take pictures of everything, here are some pictures of the SNOW that coated the ground on my arrival (and a picture of my room):






6 comments:

  1. I spy a lil monster.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at these made me miss you more. I have an intense desire to visit London, ASAP.

    Can we chat soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey: yes you do :) he keeps my dreams warm and fuzzy

    Annie: yes please to both. come visit and let's chat! before the scheduled chat please. i'll let you know my schedule once i get a little more settled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the skylight above your bed! Glorious!
    Sorry we missed eachother as far as the telephone goes.

    & thanks for the photos!
    i love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh & its april. again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow is beautifullllll! Thanks for the pictures! And your room is adorable, I love the yellow...and I also love the strange but equally adorable blue monster in the corner!

    ReplyDelete